Continuing the Deaton Heritage Research

TroyDeaton
Site Admin

Continuing the Deaton Heritage Research

Post by TroyDeaton » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:44 am

Greetings to all of our family,

I want to welcome all of you to the Deaton Family website. I secured the domain name a few years ago in order to host and share whatever information I could find about our extended family. As I started researching exclusively on the Internet, I began to accumulate quite a bit of information from numerous sources and I knew I had to begin work on the website or I would never get it done. As I spoke to my aunts and uncles, I quickly found out that my relative, Martha Ann Deaton, had researched and authored the Deaton Heritage book in 2004. My Aunt Ophelia had a copy and recently shared it with me so I could understand the breadth of our family.

I can tell you after reading the Deaton Heritage book, and seeing the extensive research accomplished, I have to say that Martha Ann Deaton has truly given all of us a legacy to cherish. So much information about our family that we can now continue to build upon and pass to our descendants to help them know and appreciate the Deaton Family heritage.

I welcome all of you to read the Deaton Heritage book and find your family line within the discussion forum and continue to add information so we can capture family history and prevent it's loss.

Deaton Heritage Book

Troy Lynn Deaton